Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Darius McCrary: The New Malcolm Winters on Y&R

So, what do you think of the new Malcolm? He's nothing like Shemar Moore. When I first saw him, I knew I knew him but it took me a minute to figure out that he used to be on Family Matters as Eddie Winslow.

Darius isn't the first Family Matters star to grace the Y&R screen. Michelle Thomas, who played Steve Urkel's girlfriend Myra was on the show as character Callie Rogers Stark for a short time before she passed away due to Cancer at the young age of 30 and Callie's character did have a relationship with Malcolm Winters.

In the first scene in Lily's hospital room, I was impressed with the character. He wasn't at all like Shemar's portrayal of Malcolm but I think it has been enough years since the character has been on screen that Darius will get a good chance at building a fan base. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment